[nabs-l] nls bard

Heather Field missheather at comcast.net
Thu Jan 3 19:14:23 UTC 2013

I received this in my inbox from the Accessible Devices guys. I believe it
should solve your problem.
Regards,
Heather
If you've upgraded to IE9 this will be helpful.
**this came from the BARD list..
Hello List Members,
Those of you who have started using Internet Explorer 9 have probably
noticed that
downloading doesn't work the same way as it does with earlier versions
of IE. The
process can make you think nothing is happening, which can be confusing
and frustrating.
Fortunately, however, it's easy to download with IE9 once you understand
the changes.

When you download a book with Internet Explorer 9, the prompt to
download or save
appears in a toolbar called the Information bar. You can respond to this
prompt in
one of two ways. One is to press Alt-N, which brings focus to the
Information bar
where you can choose whether to open or save the file.
The other is to press Alt-S, which bypasses the Information bar and
chooses to save
the file.

Once you press Alt-N and choose to save, or press Alt-S, the file begins
to download.
To see the progress of the download, press Control-J to open the View
Downloads dialog
box. Within this dialog box is an Options button that takes you to a
dialog where
you can choose whether to be notified when downloads are complete.

If you realize that you made a mistake and you don't want to download
this book,
press Alt-N to go back to the Information bard. Focus will move to the
Cancel button,
so press Enter to cancel the download.

By default, Internet Explorer 9 saves to a folder called Downloads in
your User folder.
If you want to change this location, do the following
1. Press Enter on the link to download a book.
2. Press Alt-N to bring focus to the Information bar.
3. Press Tab to the Save split button.
4. Press Down Arrow until you reach Save As.
5. Press Enter.

You are now in a standard Save As dialog box where you can change the
file name and
download location if you like.

We hope this information will help you download the books you want using
Internet
Explorer 9. Happy reading.

The BARD Technical Support Team NLS BARD Technical Support e-mail:
NLSDownload at loc.gov
  Read the BARD FAQ at: =

The VR Stream list is configured so that when using Control-R in most
e-mail programs,
message replies will go directly to the sender of the message. To reply
to the entire
list, use the "reply all" function of your e-mail program; usually
Vrstream mailing list
Vrstream at vrstreamusers.org
This is an Announce only list.  Subscribers are not able to post to this
list.
You will find the list archives at:
http://accessible-devices.com/pipermail/a-d_accessible-devices.com/
Sorry, but we're not able to provide help for archive users.
To unsubscribe from the Accessible Devices list copy the line below.  Paste
it inthe
To: line of a blank message and send it.
You may download our podcasts from this link,
http://www.accessible-devices.com/Podcasts.html
Or if you're using a podcatcher of some type the subscribe URL is.
http://www.accessible-devices.com/feed.xml
Visit our website at:
www.accessible-devices.com
Please feel free to pass this message on to a friend who might like to
subscribe.
To subscribe to Accessible Devices send a blank e mail to:
a-d-subscribe at accessible-devices.com
Just follow the directions in the confirmation message when it comes.
Please Note: Accessible Devices is not able to provide tech support for
software
or products that we supply information about.