[nabs-l] in class writing

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 10 00:47:14 UTC 2013

Hi all,

Professors ask us students to do in-class writing sometimes. Typically its unannounced; its not like its on the syllabus but the professor knows it usually; I mean they know when they will assign in class writing. Students are given a certain  amount of time to write and then hand in the writing. They may share the writing with each other or the class as well.

How do you handle in class writing assignments? Do you write them on a notetaker or laptop you take to school? How do you hand it in since we are not writing on paper? So far, I’ve usually written outside class and emailed the copy to the professor.

I have good enough braille skills to read from my braille display to other students, but I don’t usually finish the writing.
I wish there was a computer lab in every building. Then I could walk over there, type my writing prompt and then email it to the professor.

I look forward to ideas.

Ashley