[nabs-l] in class writing

Misty Dawn Bradley mistydbradley at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 01:19:12 UTC 2013

Hi,
As for me, I usually type it on my laptop and then email it to the professor
using Wifi. Also, if the professor needs access to the writing in class, if
you are using a laptop, you can have your instructor look at the screen. If
you are doing writing as a group, you can type things out and let your group
members look at the screen. I had one situation in which we had an
assignment as a group that we had to write a list of things and then place
them on a white board for the class to see, so I just took down the list on
my laptop and brought the laptop up while another group member copied what I
had written onto the board. As far as assignments that I do alone in class,
my professors so far have been fine with me emailing it whenever I was able
to get internet access, whether it be at school or when I got home as long
as I sent it in on the day of the assignment. Perhaps you can make an
appointment with the professor ahead of time to work out a plan or place it
in your letter of accomodations that you need to email class assignments
after class is over or at home. Another way to do it is a thumb drive that
you save for this purpose that the professor can get the file from and then
give back to you. If your note taker has a USB drive, this might be a good
option.
Hth,
Misty