[nabs-l] in class writing

Arielle Silverman arielle71 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 02:22:26 UTC 2013

Hi all,
I want to make another plug for netbooks. They aren't much bigger than
Braille Notes, so you can easily fit it in your backpack, and a
netbook can do just about anything a laptop can. Plus it only costs
about $300 and the built-in battery can last for up to six hours. I
think it really is a good idea for any blind student to carry some
kind of mainstream computing device to class, whether that is a
laptop, netbook, or even an I-device so that you can easily
communicate in writing with sighted professors and peers. Braille
Notes are great and can be a wonderful supplement to a mainstream
computing device, but the computing technology Braille Notes use is
neither mainstream nor up-to-date.
Arielle