[nabs-l] in class writing

Aleeha Dudley blindcowgirl1993 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 03:59:01 UTC 2013

Hello,
     If you are concerned about the possibility of your laptop getting
stolen, here are a couple of things to consider.
1. Most other students carry laptops, phones, and other electronic
devices with them to classes. I don't think that someone would
specifically target your laptop to steal, especially with many other
students and your professor also in the classroom.
2. As others have said, you can get a flash drive, usually very low
cost, and put a doc or text file of your work on that drive in order
to exchange it with other students and/or your professor.
A good thing to keep in mind as well that some others have already
hinted at is to have a very open conversation with your professor
either before classes start or during the very first week of classes.
Ask what is to be expected from the class, the different possibilities
for in-class assignments, and the possible work-arounds for any
problems that you or your professor might forsee.
Aleeha