[nabs-l] My Spanish Lab

Beth Taurasi denverqueen1107 at comcast.net
Fri Jan 11 22:26:53 UTC 2013

It's the same with SmartMusic and other lab stuff.  MyLabSchool
might be inaccessible.  Don't college profs know that such labs
are bad for blind people?  Certain forms of math lab softwadre
are inaccessible, which led to a famous lawsuit in Florida.  Two
of my friend were victims of unsympathetic, and yes, unempathetic
college professors.  They ended up suing the college and winnning
the suit.  They settled major.  If the inaccessible ssoftware is
part of the grade, and if the professor does not show empathy and
sympathy towards your situation, remind the professor that you
are blind, for one, and for another, inaccessible software is
against the law.  I don't mean to be harsh, but I believe
inversities need to start finding accessible ways to do homework
for the students.  Ever thought Spanish was an audible thing
first?  We all pick up language orally, not visually.
Beth