[nabs-l] Question for you all

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 16 03:04:33 UTC 2013

Koby,
This is a very sensative situation and I suspect there is a lot to this
story we don't know. You must have decided to move out for several reasons.
I recall you posted in the past about your mother's wishes to control your
bank account and take away your debit card.

I suggest you tell them sooner than later. Talk to
which ever parent you feel more open with. For me, its my dad; he will
listen to me and my side of things without cutting me off or getting mad.
He rarely gets upset; he is laid back.
My mom is protective plus she wants things her way so its harder to come to
her with suggestions or changes.

Then tell the other parent. I f you want to get it over with, just say to
them your decission.
For instance say.

"Mom and dad, there is a decision I've made because of blank. I am moving in
with blank and blank lives in blank.
I can be reached at blank address if you need me."
Insert your own names and info where blank is written.

I really think you should keep the lines of communication open. You never
know when you might need their help especially for money since you are not
working full time yet. living on your own is expensive which you will soon
find out, even with a roommate sharing the costs.

Good luck.

Ashley