[nabs-l] is anyone else having problems with bookshare an the braillenote?

Kaiti Shelton crazy4clarinet104 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 01:44:43 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I know recently that Bookshare was having beta testers try a few
things out, but all the testing seemed like it was pc-based as they
wanted to know which web browsers people were using.  Perhaps they
have released new code which the BrailleNote doesn't like.  As far as
I understand the tests did not ask for people to test the site using
notetakers, which would have probably been the smart thing to do.  Of
course, hindsight is 20/20.  I would email support and let them know
about this issue so they can fix or adjust the code to make it
accessible.

HTH.

On 1/26/13, christopher nusbaum <dotkid.nusbaum at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have been having the same problem. It has always come up with at
> least one security alert dialog, but it usually went away after the
> first time. Now it gets stuck in the box. Not sure what's going on,
> might email book share about it.
>
> Chris Nusbaum
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Jan 26, 2013, at 8:27 PM, vejas <brlsurfer at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> I'm a Bookshare user and have successfully been able to download books on
>> the braille-note in the past.  Last week on Friday, I got a book just
>> fine.  But since Thursday I've been having trouble on the site, because my
>> braille-note gets stuck in one of the security alert dialog boxes.  My
>> brother, who is also blind, said the same thing is happening to him.
>> Does anyone know if Bookshare is going through some sort of maintinance,
>> or at least has anyone else had this problem?
>> Thanks.
>> Vejas

>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nabs-l_nfbnet.org/dotkid.nusbaum%40gmail.com

Kaiti