[nabs-l] Tips for soon-to-be grads who are looking for work

Arielle Silverman arielle71 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 19 02:39:38 UTC 2013

Hi Anjelina,

This is an excellent topic. I'm not sure how helpful we will be,
though, since most of us are still students ourselves. I might suggest
asking this question on the BlindTalk list too, and forward along any
particularly helpful suggestions you get. Also, I'd think a lot
depends on what field you are in. For example, I am primarily applying
for jobs at academic and research institutions, so my strategy so far
has been to join listservs and check online forums where those kinds
of jobs are posted (mainly forums of the psychology and disability
studies organizations I have joined). Career fairs and job websites
might be more relevant in some fields than others. What field are you
in?

Arielle