[nabs-l] Tips for soon-to-be grads who are looking for work

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 28 03:39:39 UTC 2013

Anjelina
I earned my BA in liberal studies in 2009 from a private liberal arts
school.
Graduating now is tough as the economy isn't growing.
I believe blindness will be a barrier due to the accessibility of computer
applications and the attitude of employers.
What field do you want to go into? What is your degree in?

I'm trying to figure out what I want to do; I know writing is a strength of
mine, so I may do something in communications such as pr or community
relations.

You have good ideas. I'll add that you may want to
use your professors as contacts. Sometimes they have connections. Ask
professors whom you know well and got along with for references or if they
can be used as one.
If you do not already have experience, try getting an internship first. If
it’s a specific profession, joining a professional association or at least
attending a few meetings with them may help establish connections.

I am also planning to do informational interviews with those professionals I
may want to work with.
This will give you an idea what is a typical day like and the pros and cons
of their job.

Before an interview, practice with someone as well.

Good luck.
Ashley