[nabs-l] Converting inaccessible PDF's

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at visi.com
Thu Jun 13 16:11:28 UTC 2013

If you already have Kurzweil 1000 or Open Book as some students do, they  will convert such PDF's.  If not, off-the-shelf OCR
programs such as FineReader and OmniPage will do it as well.  Nuance, the makers of OmniPage, also has a PDF converter product, but I
am not sure if that product has OCR built-in and whether you can get it as a stand-alone product.  Other OCR software may have this
ability as well.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson