[nabs-l] young professionals division?

Kaiti Shelton crazy4clarinet104 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 14 04:25:11 UTC 2013

I think what Arielle is saying makes sense.  I also think that this
group might also benefit from working with the employment committee as
well, provided that that committee would be open to that too.  I
definitely think young professionals would be great mentors to some of
the younger NABS students, but I also think that it would be
beneficial as well for them to be set up in a group that might draw
the attention of some of the other professional divisions and
committees.  E.G.  If someone from a professional division like the
computer science, or human services was interested in mentoring a
young professional or helping the group out, they would be able to
mentor in that way and the mentoring would trickle down from division
to division.  The young profs would be mentored by older profs who
took interest in helping the next generation, (I think some might take
time for that and see it as worthwhile even if they're busy and not
the most active in their own division), and then those young profs
could mentor for NABS.

I know I still have a few years of my undergrad to go, but I'd be game
for talking about this as well and seeing what could be done because I
see merrit in it and think it would be beneficial.  If a meeting time
is set up for a discussion I will do what I can to be there.

--
Kaiti