[nabs-l] office tasks

Arielle Silverman arielle71 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 15 18:48:37 UTC 2013

Hi all,
It seems like besides ID checking, most receptionist tasks should be
accessible. Answering phones, transferring callers to the right
extension, taking messages for staff and scheduling appointments are
all accessible as long as the phone switchboard isn't touch-screen.
You could work at a doctor's or dentist's office making appointments
and calling people to confirm their appointments. If you are a
volunteer, you could team up with somebody else who handles the
medical forms and insurance cards. I know several blind people who
have done temporary receptionist jobs for pay.
Arielle