[nabs-l] office tasks

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Sun Jun 23 19:22:27 UTC 2013

Rania,
Thanks to you and the handful of people who wrote in.
Rainia, I think your technique of having the client
read you what is on the form will work in many situations. However, I still
cannot think of a way to check IDS or papers such as bills to verify
identification or addresses. I suppose a high powered small magnifier might
work, but I don't own one and a volunteer job wouldn't be able to purchase
it.

Unfortunately, after speaking to  the volunteer coordinator, we determined
that the front desk wasn't the best job for me. I was really hopeful I could
work something out. I suggested having them read the forms and she expressed
legitimate concerns. One is the ability to read the form back articulately
and the other is a language barrier.

I am hoping I can still perform some office tasks for them that are more
writing driven such as writing letters or articles. As of now though, I have
nothing from them. They said they'd get back to me with something to do.
So, I'll just have to see if this works out.

Ashley