[nabs-l] Things I'd change about the NFB Convention schedule, and the organization, as a whole!

Joshua Lester JLester8462 at pccua.edu
Sat Jun 22 21:50:06 UTC 2013

Hi Listers!
I appologize in advance, if anything I say offends anyone, but this is what I've noticed at the two conventions I attended.
#1. Everybody gets in on that Friday night!
There's nothing going on then, so why not put the Mock-trial on that Friday night?
Having it close to the time of the NABS meeting, isn't very good timing, especially for the marshalls!
I had to be on the marshalling team for the NABS meeting, last year, and it was too hectic for me!
I couldn't find my marshalling team, because it was impossible for me to hear, as loud as it was!
Next, as I said in a previous thread, I'd cut out some of the divisions that we don't need!
The musicians group needs to merge with PAD, so that we have one less meeting to have to attend!
Sunday afternoons aren't the best time for meetings, especially if we have the mock-trial at 4 PM, like we did in Dallas, last year!
I haven't read the schedule this year, so I don't know when anything is!
Hopefully it won't be as hectic this year.
Finally, I'd put a time limit on each resolution, so that we don't let them overlap with the stuff on Wednesday night!
Scholarship winners are required to attend the resolutions, but if we have a scholarship winner that's supposed to sing at the showcase of talent, (for example,) we need to make sure that those resolutions don't go past 5 PM, so that the performers can get ready to go.
If I'm asked to marshall at next year's convention, (if I get to attend,) I'd appreciate it if it would be more orderly than it was last year!
I'm tired of the cayotic nature of conventions, no matter what they may be!
I attended the Beta Club Convention, when I was in High School, for my junior and senior years, and they weren't near is disorderly as last year's deal!
Blessings, Joshua