[nabs-l] Converting files from the I-phone

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Thu Mar 14 00:25:48 UTC 2013

If you transfer your music and other files to an itunes library on your PC,
there will be a Voice Memos playlist. Your memo will be part of it. Make a
note of its number and search your itunes library on the hard disk for
anything with that name. It will probably have a .m4a extension. Copy that
file to a temporary area and use Switch or other sound-file converter to
change it to .mp3.

I haven't tried this with voice memos but it oughtta work.

If you do not use an iTunes library on your PC, you're kind of S O L in that
Apple does not really allow file conversion programs such as you'll need on
its i-devices.

At least that's my present information.

HMMM ... if you have a large email disk space quota, you might be able to
email yourself the voice memo aas an attachment and then use Switch or
whatever to convert it.

Mike Freeman