[nabs-l] Cane as an ID

christopher nusbaum dotkid.nusbaum at gmail.com
Fri Mar 15 10:57:32 UTC 2013

It's all part of the politically correct society in which we live
today. Unfortunately, terms like "visually impaired," "visually
challenged," "higherarchy of sight," etc, which were created to be
"sensitive" to others have turned out to hurt the blind rather than
help us. I even saw the term "hard-of-seeing" in the App Store's
description of an accessible Twitter client. Just call us what we are,
blind! It would probably take a lot of anxiety on the part of sighted
people about offending us out of the picture. Sorry for the rant.

Chris Nusbaum

Sent from my iPhone