[nabs-l] Creating Folders in Pages for the iPad

Kaiti Shelton crazy4clarinet104 at gmail.com
Wed May 8 16:50:48 UTC 2013

Hi Chris,
I found this online, but I don't have an IPad to test it out on.  Give
it a try and see if it works out.  Of course these instructions aren't
exact since they don't come from a vo-user, but if you've made folders
on the home screen before it should be simple enough.

Do you have a bunch of Pages documents and don’t like to scroll
forever to find them? What if you could create a folder to organize
the documents? Using this tip, you can sort and store Pages documents
into folders.

First, get to the Documents screen. If you are editing a document in
Pages, tap the Documents button on the top left to take you to a
screen similar to the one seen below.

To create a folder, much like creating a folder for apps, tap and hold
on a document.

The various documents will then begin jiggling like what happens when
you tap and hold an app to rearrange the apps on the screen.

You will then be able to tap and drag a document onto another document
and create and name a folder.

Tap on the x and rename the folder. Tap done and voila, a folder has
been created.

You can then tap and hold folders to drag them into an order  you like.

http://ipadnotebook.wordpress.com/2012/05/16/pages-how-to-create-folders-to-organize-documents/

On 5/8/13, Suzanne Germano <sgermano at asu.edu> wrote:
> As far as i know there is no ability for a folder structure on the ipad. It
> does not have a directory structure like the hard drive of pc or mac
>
> On Wednesday, May 8, 2013, christopher nusbaum wrote:
>
>> Hi everyone, I have recently gotten an iPad 4 to be used for school.
>> The school system has already loaded this iPad with several apps which
>> I am currently learning to use, including the Pages word-processing
>> app. I'm currently able to create documents in Pages without any
>> difficulty. However, neither I nor my TVI can find anything in the app
>> to create folders. So, how do I create folders in Pages? After a
>> folder is created, how do I move documents into it? Any help with
>> these questions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance,
>>
>> Chris Nusbaum
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone

>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nabs-l_nfbnet.org/sgermano%40asu.edu

Kaiti