[nabs-l] Pausing audio files when working in other windows

Cindy Bennett clb5590 at gmail.com
Wed May 8 20:35:20 UTC 2013

Hi,

I use Window's 7 with JAWS and am curious if I can pause audio files
while I am in another window. For example, I transcribe recordings as
part of my job, and it is annoying to alt tab to iTunes. When I do
this to catch up typing, I miss what is being said. If there was a
quick keystroke that I could do to pause the recording while I am
typing in Word, that would be so helpful. Does anyone know if this is
possible? Are there music players other than iTunes where this is
possible?

I tried playing the recordings on my iPhone, and they would start to
play but would then stop and I would get a message saying that there
was an error and the file could not be  viewed. Are there other file
types that would work better on iOS devices? These are wave files.

Thanks.

--
Cindy Bennett
Secretary: National Association of Blind Students

B.A. Psychology, UNC Wilmington
clb5590 at gmail.com