[nabs-l] Becoming a member of a local NFB Chapter.

christopher nusbaum dotkid.nusbaum at gmail.com
Fri May 10 13:12:51 UTC 2013

Sophie, yes; teens are welcome to become members of chapters! I have
the same problem with our local chapter. Unfortunately, we don't have
a chapter in our part of Maryland, and there probably wouldn't be
enough blind people to start one. The nearest chapter to us, the
Greater Baltimore chapter, meets about an hour away from me. I've gone
to a few meetings and am a due-paying member. I'd love to attend more
meetings, but would have to convince my parents to get up on a
Saturday morning and drive me to Baltimore (an hour's drive) for a
2-hour meeting that they probably wouldn't even be interested in—not a
very easy thing to do. * Smile! *

Chris Nusbaum

Sent from my iPhone