[nabs-l] Join the Conversation for Change — May 13-27, 2013

Lewis, Anil ALewis at nfb.org
Fri May 10 19:17:50 UTC 2013

Join the Conversation for Change — May 13-27, 2013

The U.S. departments of Labor, Education, and Health and Human Services and the Social Security Administration invite policymakers, service providers, the advocacy community and others to participate in an online dialogue to examine the impact of existing federal regulations and legislation on the successful transition from school to work of youths and young adults with disabilities. The dialogue will be open May 13-27. "We must ensure that our federal programs and resources support our nation's youths and young adults with disabilities in reaching their dreams of economic empowerment and independence, and we need to hear from many people," said Kathy Martinez, assistant secretary of labor for disability employment policy. "Speaking up online can help us identify barriers as well as opportunities that may exist at the federal level and also help us develop solutions."
·         Read the news release<http://links.govdelivery.com:80/track?type=click&enid=ZWFzPTEmbWFpbGluZ2lkPTIwMTMwNTEwLjE4NjQ5MzIxJm1lc3NhZ2VpZD1NREItUFJELUJVTC0yMDEzMDUxMC4xODY0OTMyMSZkYXRhYmFzZWlkPTEwMDEmc2VyaWFsPTE3NTYxNTM0JmVtYWlsaWQ9YWxld2lzQG5mYi5vcmcmdXNlcmlkPWFsZXdpc0BuZmIub3JnJmZsPSZleHRyYT1NdWx0aXZhcmlhdGVJZD0mJiY=&&&101&&&http://www.dol.gov/opa/media/press/odep/ODEP20130819.htm>
·         Read the DOL Newsletter story<http://links.govdelivery.com:80/track?type=click&enid=ZWFzPTEmbWFpbGluZ2lkPTIwMTMwNTEwLjE4NjQ5MzIxJm1lc3NhZ2VpZD1NREItUFJELUJVTC0yMDEzMDUxMC4xODY0OTMyMSZkYXRhYmFzZWlkPTEwMDEmc2VyaWFsPTE3NTYxNTM0JmVtYWlsaWQ9YWxld2lzQG5mYi5vcmcmdXNlcmlkPWFsZXdpc0BuZmIub3JnJmZsPSZleHRyYT1NdWx0aXZhcmlhdGVJZD0mJiY=&&&102&&&http://www.dol.gov/_sec/newsletter/2013/20130509.htm#ODEP3>
Join the National Dialogue<http://links.govdelivery.com:80/track?type=click&enid=ZWFzPTEmbWFpbGluZ2lkPTIwMTMwNTEwLjE4NjQ5MzIxJm1lc3NhZ2VpZD1NREItUFJELUJVTC0yMDEzMDUxMC4xODY0OTMyMSZkYXRhYmFzZWlkPTEwMDEmc2VyaWFsPTE3NTYxNTM0JmVtYWlsaWQ9YWxld2lzQG5mYi5vcmcmdXNlcmlkPWFsZXdpc0BuZmIub3JnJmZsPSZleHRyYT1NdWx0aXZhcmlhdGVJZD0mJiY=&&&103&&&http://fptepolicyworks.ideascale.com>

Mr. Anil Lewis, M.P.A.
Director of Advocacy and Policy

“Eliminating Subminimum Wages for People with Disabilities”
http://www.nfb.org/fairwages
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND
200 East Wells Street at Jernigan Place
Baltimore, Maryland   21230