[nabs-l] Fwd: [SDS] Seeking participants for pilot study

Arielle Silverman arielle71 at gmail.com
Sat May 11 18:53:53 UTC 2013

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Steve Brown <sebrown at hawaii.edu>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2013 09:37:03 -1000
Subject: [SDS] Seeking participants for pilot study
To: SDS <sds-discuss at lists.disstudies.org>

Aloha everyone. I'm working with a team here at the Center on Disability
Studies to  build a Virtual Employment Orientation, Resource, Support and
Training Center, using the Second Life virtual world as a primary platform.
We know not everyone can get on Second Life, so we will also mirror what's
on the EmployAble site on the web. At this stage, we are recruiting pilot
study participants. We'd appreciate it if you shared the information below
with your colleagues, organizations, and anyone else in the U.S. (for now:)
who would be appropriate.

Thanks a lot!

Steve

*Virtual Employment Center for People with Disabilities Seeking Participants
*

We are pleased to announce that we are now seeking pilot study participants
for  “EmployAble: A World without Barriers,” a model virtual employment
center for people with disabilities.

EmployAble uses the virtual world platform Second Life to provide training,
networking, mentoring and employment resources for people with disabilities
and employers.

EmployAble staff are recruiting persons with disabilities over the age of
18 to participate in a three month pilot study to evaluate the
EmployAble Virtual
Employment Orientation, Resource, Support, and Training Center site
content, features, and use. We are especially interested in reaching out to
veterans and those with Traumatic Brain Injuries. However, other
individuals with disabilities may also participate.

For more information about participation, please email  employ at hawaii.edu or
fill out a participant screening and pre-survey at
http://www.cds.hawaii.edu/employable/pilot/. More information about the
project can also be found on the website.

EmployAble is funded by the Kessler Foundation (www.kesslerfoundation.org)
and is a project of the University of Hawaii at Manoa Center on Disability
Studies (www.cds.hawaii.edu).

--
Steven E. Brown, Ph.D.
Associate Professor