[nabs-l] Working around internet access on college campuses

Kaiti Shelton crazy4clarinet104 at gmail.com
Mon May 13 13:22:32 UTC 2013

Hi all,

Last year I was not able to use the wireless on my BrailleSense while
at school.  My university network requires that computers use the
Cisco Nac Agent to log into the network.  They do keep a list or
database or something of the access keys for things like XBox360
systems that wouldn't be able to log on using the Nac Agent and I
asked that my BrailleSense be added to this list.  After it still
didn't work I checked with the IT people, even had them read back the
access key to me over the phone so I know it's there, but my
BrailleSense was still not able to connect to the internet.

It's not a huge deal because like last year I'll probably have my
laptop with me all the time this year, and could use Safari on my
IPhone if I don't and need to look something up in a pinch, but it
would nice to not have to get the laptop out all the time or take it
to every class when the much-smaller BrailleSense could do the job.
I'm curious if anyone else has worked around this with their
university.

Thanks,

--
Kaiti