[nabs-l] citation question

Arielle Silverman arielle71 at gmail.com
Mon May 13 19:52:43 UTC 2013

Hi all,
I'm unsure if any of you know the answer to this, but hoping that you
could either find the answer for me or send this to someone who would
know. On the NFB website there is a fact sheet about blindness, which
states that according to a recent Gallup poll, blindness is the third
most feared "disease" among Americans, surpassed only by AIDS and
cancer. I've heard that statistic several times but can't find the
citation for the actual Gallup poll where this was reported. I'd like
to include this statistic in an academic article I am writing about
blindness simulations and it would be great if I could cite the
original Gallup poll. Could anyone please send me the primary citation
for this fact, or at least an academic source where this fact is
stated? Thanks!
Arielle