[nabs-l] requesting some advice about choosing a college science class for next semester

Suzanne Germano sgermano at asu.edu
Mon May 20 13:01:36 UTC 2013

Tell this teacher about Geerat Vermeij who is blind.

Geerat Vermeij, a professor of geology whose work on sea shells has led to
insights into evolution, ecology, biology and economics, has been named the
2004 Faculty Research Lecturer by his colleagues at the University of
California, Davis.

He can identity somewhere around 3500 shells by touch. he graduated
from Princeton
University <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Princeton_University> in 1968 and
received his Ph.D. in biology <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biology> and
geology <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geology> from Yale