[nabs-l] two questions that are completely unrelated to one another

Kaiti Shelton crazy4clarinet104 at gmail.com
Mon May 20 16:22:09 UTC 2013

Hi Sophie,

As far as I am aware the BrailleNote cannot connect to a wireless
printer, but it can go off of inferred which is really nice.  I used
it for a few years and although I still needed to be right by the
printer cutting out the cords saved me a lot of hassle.  Hope that
answers your question.

Absolutely.  I know a number of people who have tested out of Braille
courses at the centers.  My understanding from being on calls with Pam
Allen recently is that the centers try to meet the individual trainee
where they are in each of the class areas and build on those skills.
So, if you're braille is great they won't make you do a bunch of
unnecessary training and will instead spend that time on building up
other skills.

HTH!

On 5/20/13, Koby Cox <kobycox at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sophie,
> I don't believe that you can test out of a class at a NFB training
> center however, I'm not sure about that. I would recommend that you talk
> to the director of which ever training center that you are planning on
> attending either Julie Deden at CCB or Pam Alan at LCB. I attended CCB
> so If I'm missing something would some one please correct me?
> Koby.

Kaiti