[nabs-l] two questions that are completely unrelatedtooneanother

Dave Webster dwebster125 at gmail.com
Tue May 21 02:58:40 UTC 2013

Hi.  Its Dave.  I went to lcb in 97 and if I remember correctly I didn't
test out of braille or any class for that matter.  I just up and left after
6 months because I couldn't take it anymore.  I did ok with the classes but
at that time I didn't realize that these were nfb centers and wasn't too
familiar with the nfb philosophy and did what I could for about 6 months and
just said I can't take this anymore.  I was having problems with depression
at that time too and wasn't on any meds so.  I now know what they wre trying
to do and I know the nfb philosophy now and if I could may think about going
back to lcb but I haven't talked to Pam yet and I know she remembers me
because I was on that conference call that we did and when I asked her if
she remembered me she said she did.  I have a feeling she'd probably say
well you fought against us once when you were here and pretty much denounced
us once so.  Now 15 20 years later you want to come back?  How do I know
you're not gonna denounce us and fight against us again.  this was when
Joanne was director and a few years later I tried to go back and that's
pretty much what Joanne told me.  I mean she just said no.  I mean flat out
N O.  so.  In fact when we had that call the other night that was the first
time I had talked to anyone from the center in probably 6 or 7 years.  I
even tried to talk to Jd in 2006 in Dalas about me ever coming back and he
pretty much said well you may have a hard time convincing pam that you're
not gonna go and do the same thing so.  but be my guest if you want to try.
In their eyes I've always been the one who had a lot of potential but didn't
quite make it.  wen I got there I didn't believe in the nfb and didn't
believe any of it was true for that whole 6 months I was there but now I do
so.  Who knows?