[nabs-l] URGENT: Bookshare Needs Your Help

Lucy Sirianni lucysirianni at earthlink.net
Sat May 25 17:21:16 UTC 2013

Hi all,

   I apologize if the below has been mentioned on the list
before; I glanced through the archives, but as a new member, I
may have missed previous posts.  That said, I think the below is
tremendously important for all of us as blind students, so I
wanted to pass it along.  Please take a moment to look at the
links and to consider signing both of the petitions.  According
to these resources, it's currently the case that less than 1% of
the world's printed books (less than 5% in the US) are accessible
to blind readers; I'm sure we all agree that this is an appalling
statistic, and I hope many of us will be able to support the
people working to change it.

Thanks, everyone!

Lucy