[nabs-l] Studying over seas

Arielle Silverman arielle71 at gmail.com
Tue May 28 02:12:47 UTC 2013

I don't know anything about SSI, but as far as DOR/rehab goes, I'd
think if they are paying your tuition for attending school, they would
also pay your regular tuition for the year you are overseas? They
might not cover the extra tuition for the study-abroad program unless
you can justify it as enhancing achievement of your vocational goal,
but I'd think as long as you are continuing your education they
shouldn't care if it's in-state or not. You aren't losing residency in
your home state. The credits you earn will count on your transcript as
if they were earned at your home institution anyway. And if DOR isn't
paying your tuition I'd say just don't tell them.