[nabs-l] Studying over seas

Mary Fernandez trillian551 at gmail.com
Tue May 28 13:36:34 UTC 2013

Brandon and all,
Brandon I'd check with SSA regarding SSI benefits. I have a feeling
that the thirty day rule might not apply for study abroad, since you
are a student and haven't actually moved there, but I could be wrong.
I went to Paris for over thirty days, and they knew it was for a study
abroad program and didn't do anything about my benefits. Most states
have some kind of organization which will help you best navigate SSI
and SSDI benefits, I'd try to find out what it is in your state and
contact them regarding this.
Thanks.
Mary F