[nabs-l] questions about SPSS

Katie Wang bunnykatie6 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 1 00:27:53 UTC 2013

Hi Patrick,

I'm a graduate student in Psychology and regularly use SPSS for data
analysis. JAWS 14 does work pretty well with the two most recent
versions of SPSS (versions 21 and 22). You will need to turn on the
screen reader compatibility feature during the installation process by
checking a check box. JAWS should start working automatically after
the installation is complete, but if this does not happen, go to
Control Panel > Ease of Access Center to verify that the option of
Enable JAVA Access Bridge is checked.

I can't really think of any SPSS-specific JAWS keystrokes. The only
thing I would mention is that SPSS displays all output in graphic
form, which needs to be exported into Excel or Word by going to File >
Export before it is readable with JAWS.

I hope this is helpful - Please feel free to let me know if you have
any additional questions about the program!

Best,
Katie