[nabs-l] questions about SPSS

Arielle Silverman arielle71 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 1 01:00:41 UTC 2013

Hi Patrick,

SPSS is accessible, but the problem is that a license costs money. If
you have JAWS on a public computer on campus that has SPSS, then you
should be able to use it, but if you need to run software on your own
computer, it probably doesn't make sense to buy an SPSS license unless
you are planning to use it for multiple semesters.
There is a free and easy-to-use stats calculator at
www.graphpad.com/quickcalcs/
that will do a lot of basic stuff. If you know the names of the
statistical procedures that your class is doing in SPSS, I can tell
you whether GraphPad will work as a free substitute.
Alternatively, if the SPSS project is a group project, you could ask
someone from your group to email you the output as an Excel file.

Best,
Arielle