[nabs-l] questions about SPSS

Katie Wang bunnykatie6 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 1 05:01:33 UTC 2013

Hi Patrick,

Sorry to make another post, but Arielle actually made a really good
point. The problem with SPSS is that its accessibility feature is not
turned on by default (i.e., the check box I mentioned in my previous
message), so if you are using it on a public computer it will most
likely NOT work with JAWS unless you have it removed first and go
through the installation process again. A 1-year student license for
SPSS costs around $90, I believe, so you will have to decide whether
you would like to invest in the purchase especially if you will only
need it for one semester. If the free calculator Arielle sent would be
sufficient for your purpose that might be the best solution. Good
luck!

Katie