[nabs-l] Training centers not the real world

RJ Sandefur joltingjacksandefur at gmail.com
Mon Nov 11 16:45:38 UTC 2013

I attended our states rehabilitation center, and it was not a good
expierence.  When I came home, my aunt who works with people with disabili
taught me the skills that I wasn't taught from the center. She usd
structured discovery theory although at the time she nor I didn't have a
clue what it was. My aunt would not allow me to go sighted guide. She'd make
me use my cane. Our rehab agency would tell my aunt she didn't have the
training in order to help a blind person, but she didn't listen to them and
I am better off today because she didn't listen to a NAC accredited agency
RJties