[nabs-l] Training centers not real world

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 13 05:09:05 UTC 2013

Aren't those in the ministry suppose to be humble, understanding,
compassionate  and less provoking? You still don't seem to see the
bigger picture that many blind people are not given or taught certain
skills vital for going on with life. Not everyone has the capacity for
self-teaching either.

As a potential pastor, do you expect your future congregation to learn
about Christianity with no guidance from you? This is possible, but will
they find the same interpretations as you? If this were the case, we
wouldn't have hundreds of Christian denominations. Pastors often act as
counselors for various reasons. Will you expect your flock to overcome
problems and issues with no guidance?

It's the same for blind people. Some, like yourself, will have the
ability to learn blindness skills with little or no help from others.
But the majority will require some guidance and encouragement. Some may
pick up a skill here or there, and some are taught poorly. Why not find
an institution specializing in blindness skills like an NFB center so
one can have the best chance to learn what they need for living in the
real world?

And BTW, based on your argument, one can argue that the seminary isn't
living in the real world. Why not just apprentice at a church? And
before you answer, remember, my dad is a pastor. It's not necessary to
attend seminary to learn about your faith or even to become a pastor. My
dad is the pastor of a Baptist church and has no seminary training. He's
apprenticed in the ministry for years, which seems to put him closer to
reality than sitting in classes at seminary.

Bridgit
Message: 3