[nabs-l] iPads and Students

Brice Smith brice.smith319 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 15 00:04:17 UTC 2013

Hi, everyone.

Do you think tools like the iPad in combination with a bluetooth
keyboard and a braille display can actually replace the need for a
laptop or mac book for high school and college students?

I do not use an iPad and don't have much experience with any of the
word processing or powerpoint apps on IOS like Pages and Keynote, so
I'm worried my thoughts are bias. I know iPads are good for email,
internet and note-taking. Still, I'm thinking that a full laptop with
Jaws or a mac book with VO would be at least preferable, if not
required, for completing complex items like conducting heavy academic
research for a major project or creating and formatting whole papers
and presentations. What do you think?

Brice