[nabs-l] iPads and Students

Joe jsoro620 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 15 00:20:15 UTC 2013

If you are low vision and can take advantage of the wider screen, an iPad
could make sense. Otherwise it's not a very economical choice, not when the
iPhone and iPod Touch can accomplish the same things. Yes, there are iPad
specific apps, but these are few between. More to the point, as much as
people can claim to be highly productive on an iPad, you cannot write in it
the way you can on a Mac or PC. If the sole productivity purpose is e-mail
and basic word processing, maybe the students would be fine. Just one guy's
opinion, and this coming from a big fan of Apple products. I just gave away
my iPad because I found it simpler to reach for my phone or do more
sophisticated producing on a notebook.--Joe