[nabs-l] iPads and Students

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 15 00:29:45 UTC 2013

Hi Brice,
I agree with Joe. Ipads and other ios devices serve a great purpose; its
good for internet searching and email. I also heard they do fairly well with
word processing. Also they are lighter to carry around. I'd say,  have both
if affordable.

I feel as students we still need a laptop or  macbook for the same reasons
brought forward.
You need to do indepth research and advanced word processing. Its my
experience professors also require you to send files in a word compatible
format. Computers can still do some stuff a mobile device such as ipad
cannot.
So, I would say no; a ipad cannot replace a laptop or macbook. It’s a
suplement though.

Ashley