[nabs-l] iPads and Students

Misty Dawn Bradley mistydbradley at gmail.com
Fri Nov 15 01:28:44 UTC 2013

Brice,
I am a college student, and I use both an iPad Mini and a laptop. I use my
laptop for my research papers or other writing assignments that require a
great deal of formatting using Microsoft Word. I also use it for Powerpoints
that my professors create as well as for creating them myself. I also use it
for sites in my coursework that require flash or websites that Safari, which
is the internet browser on the iPad, will not navigate as well, since most
if not all of my classes are online.
I use my iPad, however, when I need to go out either to campus or anywhere
else where I will have free time to work on school work. I mainly use it to
read my textbooks in Learning Ally, since I can read them at home on the
iPad or take them with me anywhere on the iPad, and it is easier to carry
around than my bulky Dell laptop. I also use the Pages app to take notes if
I have a class on campus. I also use it for email, but only when I am out.
At home, I use my laptop for email, since I use it as my main computer that
I do everything on, since I don't own a desktop. I can also browse some
webpages while I am out on the iPad, provided that they work with Safari,
which most sites do.
I hope this helps,
Misty