[nabs-l] "you are amazing"

Danielle Sykora dsykora29 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 15 17:44:37 UTC 2013

I agree that this is an interesting topic. For me, it honestly depends
on the situation and the person. I find being called amazing for
simple things, like walking across a room, mildly offensive and quite
irritating although I generally just try to forget about it. If that
person did not have low expectations, they wouldn't be telling me I'm
amazing for accomplishing such simple tasks and I don't enjoy having
to prove to everyone that I can do things all of the time. I usually
respond with something to the effect of "thank you, but it is not
amazing" sometimes followed up by a short explanation or comparison if
I know it will actually have some effect on that particular person.