[nabs-l] Families misunderstanding real world

Beth Taurasi denverqueen1107 at comcast.net
Thu Nov 21 19:14:41 UTC 2013

Hey Bridget, you're right.  I truly love Blake, and there's nothing
stopping me from loving him right now.  But we won't be marrying until
he has the financial stability in place so he can take care of his
family.  After all, I think being a stay at home mom would not be so
bad.  When the kids go to school and tai kwon doh, we want them to be
safe, then I'll consider both learning the martial art of tai kwon doh
and perhaps working from home and in an office.  This way, we can expand
on our income as a family.  That's waht I'm thinking.  I just don't want
Blake to be all freaked out over an unhealthy child, no matter how hard
I try to take care of my body.  We know that certain prenatal tests are
out for now because of the risk of docs saying we need to abort and
stuff, and about 80% of down's Syndrome cases in fetuses are now being
aborted because people are stupid and don't know much about Down's.
They haven't read "Count Us In", written by two Down's Syndrome men who
grew up with the disorder.  Their moms were told to put the boys away,
but like good parents should, both moms kept the boys and they became
friends.  IF Blake and I end up with a child who has Down's, we know
they can go far even with the disorder.  So what?  AT least the product
will be there, and a family can be established, but adoption might be
another option if I pass fifty by the time we're ready to actually make
a commitment.  What I'm worried about though with adoption is the real
world thing that says blind parents can't adopt.  I don't know how many
blind Colorado people have adopted kids and how they went about doing
it, but because of mental health complications, I don't know if adoption
or even fostering is an option because nobody will give me good words.
Beth