[nabs-l] StatisticalPackage for the Social Sciences (SPSS) software

Patrick Molloy ptrck.molloy at gmail.com
Fri Nov 22 03:05:26 UTC 2013

Hi Minh,
Funny you should mention SPSS, as I recently posted about it on this
list. You're right to wonder about its accessibility. From what I've
read here and what I experienced, I'd say go with Excel. SPSS is
SUPPOSEDLY accessible in its latest version and with the latest
version of JAWS. From what I've heard though, it's a very graphical
program, so you'll wind up exporting things INTO Excel anyway. Excel
is very good about statistical calculations if you're willing to sit
down and play with it a little bit. So, long story short, see what you
can do with Excel and if all else fails, THEN try SPSS. I'm slightly
biased, since I had a bad experience or 2 with SPSS.
Hope this Helps,
Patrick