[nabs-l] Some Job Questions...

Kerri Kosten kerrik2006 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 22 18:30:17 UTC 2013

Hi Everyone:

Thanks for the responses.
If I were to work at one of these places, how do I get them to get me
the talking cash register?
Is it something they would have to purchase? Does it cost a lot of money?
How have the blind teenagers who ran the register in fast food places
convinced the employer to make the register accessible to them or
purchased the talking register for them?
I've got to call about the pretzel place. The ad was in the classified
section, and that edition of my paper is no longer on Newsline. I
looked under the classifieds yesterday and saw nothing about the
pretzel place.
They do keep having an ad saying the new Panerra Bread is hiring for
"all positions." so I may have better luck with Panerra.
But, even at Panerra if there were a way I could run the cash register
that would be great.
I'll give a few more details about my situation.
I have had about two years of college. It is very hard to motivate me.
I either have to have someone pushing me or if I am just left on my
own I will become kind of depressed, miserable, and do nothing.
I graduated from LCB last January and things didn't happen after I
graduated the way they were supposed to.
At LCB I was pushed and held accountable so I thrived there but being
back here I've really really struggled to find what I want to do.
So, I have applied back to school, and I figured I'd try to find a job
and if I get the job I'll do that for a while and if nobody hires me
or I can't find anything I'll go back to school to try to take a class
or two.
I am very hesitant to volunteer because I already "volunteer" and
write sports articles for a local radio station's website. I am 26
years old and have never been paid and I'd just like to get a job to
show myself I can really work and can be paid for something and to
boost my confidence and self-esteem.
That's another thing. I really and I mean really struggle with
negativity, and having a very very low self-esteem and lack confidence
in myself.
I am good with computers and using the phone. I have basic word,
powerpoint, and excel skills.
If I see a customer service job I'll apply for it but the only company
around here that I know of that does customer service is Teletech and
that's a call center for Bank of America customers and I know for a
fact that'd be hard because you have to help the callers by looking at
their financial and bank info and that doesn't sound interesting to
me. I also know for a fact I'd have to have a good braille display
(which I don't have) in order to talk to the caller and simultaneously
look up their financial/bank info.
Thanks,
Kerri