[nabs-l] BrailleNote Apex

Kaiti Shelton crazy4clarinet104 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 2 18:04:30 UTC 2013

Hi all,

Helga, please correct me if I'm wrong, but here's what I've gotten out
of the situation:

Helga mentioned that she prints things at home, does this mean that
you do not have a dorm room?  Ashley brought up a great point, and I
keep a printer in my dorm/apartment each year to make printing easy,
but if you don't have a dorm room this will obviously not work.

My other question is, by lab did you mean a student-monitored lab or
the ds lab?  I ask because if it is the first it might just mean you
quickly talking to the lab supervisor, which is usually someone in IT
or a professor.  I'm not saying you need to say anything more than the
basics as was implied, but it is true that people don't understand
these technologies we use, so just saying you're visually impaired and
you need to be able to print from your NoteTaker, which is the
equivalent of a computer, should suffice.  If they refuse, you have
grounds to go to your DS office to file a complaint.

Printers should not be hard to come by on a college campus, and this
really isn't a big issue.  Hope you find a printer on campus.

P.S. Have you checked in the library?  Some campuses have labs there
with USB printers that everyone is allowed to use with personal
laptops, so that might work as well.  It might be a resource worth
looking into.  ;

>>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nabs-l_nfbnet.org/bookwormahb%40eart

>>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nabs-l_nfbnet.org/crazy4clarinet104%
>>> 40gmail.com