[nabs-l] Remembering Doctor Abraham Nemeth

Joshua Lester JLester8462 at pccua.edu
Thu Oct 3 15:02:32 UTC 2013

A funny story about Dr. Nemeth happened at the 2009 national convention.
My former Braille teacher took his current student to the convention, and they saw Dr. Nemeth.
The boy was so nervous, that he tripped up when talking about Braille, and he said that he "typed," with the slate and stylus, and Dr. Nemeth corrected him, (LOL!)
He was always very personable, and I was actually working to get him to speak to the kids at next year's convention, but sadly, it won't happen!
I'd like to know if there are any speeches that he gave, that have been preserved on audio in the national library!
If so, I'd like for Dr. Maurer to play one of them at the convention, in his honor.
Blessings, Joshua