[nabs-l] Tool for accessing print materials.

Kaiti Shelton crazy4clarinet104 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 4 05:33:30 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I saw the email about the Reading Project, and thought it would be a
good time to share a useful link.

My university's Office of Learning Resources has just implimented a
tool that allows students to upload files of varrying filetypes to a
service that will convert them to accessible files and email them back
to you.  This is great for those times when your professor gives you a
last-minute worksheet, or if you just can't make it to the DS office
before it closes but don't want to wait another day to get your copy
of the homework.  It's called Sensus Access.  There are four easy
steps to getting your file converted, and emails usually reach my
inbox in 5 minutes or less.  I would highly recommend you talk to your
DS offices about it because, although the editting isn't perfect, it's
great for getting materials on demand.

I've included a link so you can see the basics of what it's like.  I
can't vouch for if this site will work for everyone, (as I have to
actually access a page specific to my university and haven't used this
one before), but it looks like you might be able to test it out.
http://sensusaccess.com/
--
Kaiti