[nabs-l] Blindness is scary-how to teach otherwise while stillbeing compassionate

Kaiti Shelton crazy4clarinet104 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 18 13:28:45 UTC 2013

Hi all,

Thank you, between these three explanations I have a good idea of what
Justin originally suggested.  I think it could be really beneficial
after a little while longer.

We have the same voice teacher, and she took my entire lesson
yesterday to just talk things out with me.  Like Justin said, she
stressed taking care of me if I start to get overwhelmed.  She's
basically said that if we need help she's willing to give it, so it's
great to have someone else around who cares about me and my roommates
who is willing to do that.  I've found that talking about stuff is
really helpful for me, so although I didn't sing a note yesterday I
really felt better afterwards.

I also I'll wait a bit, then see if she'd be receptive to talking
about these issues.  I don't want to make her feel like I'm pushing
her now, but maybe after a while talking through them would really
help.  I really like the idea of self-affirmation too.

Kaiti