[nabs-l] Reading PDF's with JAWS

Chelsea Cook astrochem119 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 20 16:17:21 UTC 2013

Hi,

Don't know if this has been said already, but I now have a secret to reading PDF's efficiently: iBooks! As long as the PDF is in text, I've found iBooks to be the simplest and hassel-free way to read PDF documents. Just save the file to Dropbox and it will ask you to export on your phone. Choose iBooks, and happy reading! You can also move your finger through the document line by line, though I find this technique to be a bit unreliable at times, depending on how finely you can control the speed of your finger; and I find it works much better for me on an iPad.

Here's hoping iBooks for Mac will have just as excellent PDF support!

Chelsea