[nabs-l] Reading PDF documents with jaws

Dan Burke dburke at cocenter.org
Mon Oct 21 17:45:36 UTC 2013

Ariel's strategy is an excellent one. Gmail's html versions of PDFs are very usable.

The problem with split words is I think a matter of columns, especially.

One ther strategy is to save the PDF as plain text. You lose page info, headings, etc, but you get the text in a cleaner form.

Another strategy is to buy Adobe Acrobat at the student rate, about disblegj.  I don't know how accessible it is, but it can take the PDF and convert it with the original text to something else, such as Word or Rich text or html or even epub.
Dan

Dan Burke - Sent from iPhone