[nabs-l] Best techniques for group computer science projects

Greg Aikens gpaikens at gmail.com
Tue Oct 29 02:48:47 UTC 2013

A few suggestions that come to mind:

1. Coding altogether doesn't sound like a terribly efficient way to do things.  Could you divide the program into pieces for each person to code and then come together?  I realize this presents a new set of problems but it might reduce the amount of time you are struggling with how to access the info.
2. Can you get access to what has been coded so far before the group meets together?  If so, you might be able to review it and make a list of your concerns to address when the group meets together.
3. You definitely have a much better grasp of the capabilities of Zoomtext, but have you experimented with the different viewing options?  I know that you can control the amount of the screen that is magnified, like using a bar magnifier or the lens magnifier.  This would allow you to magnify a small portion of the text at a time and then move the magnification away quickly for partners to view.

If you could find a way for this last one to work, I think it would be best because it gives you the most control and access.

Hope some of this sparks a useful idea.

-Greg